RSS

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter 2010

Easter was a big deal at my house growing up. We would always go to Big Letys house and have the most massive Easter egg hunt/confetti egg smashing brawl, which would end with me tackling my mom to the ground and Lorenzo jumping in for a dog pile.

I remember saving egg shells for months and filling and decorating them. It was the best! Last year I made some confetti eggs and everyone had a blast with them. This year Luke the dogs and I went to a vineyard and had a wonderful picnic. I had shared my stories and love of Easter with Luke and told him how I made my mom make me a basket every year even though I was in my 20's when I left home. I'd say "Don't think I'm too old for a basket. I better get one." And every year my mom would get me a little something for Easter.

A couple of years ago I moved in with my roommate Abby and I shared my Easter stories with her, she was really sweet and made me a wonderful Harry and David Easter basket, it was very yummy! This year Luke was sweet and made me a basket.

I had Luke take pictures of me and my basked and the dogs and their basket/bed, because somewhere in my parents house their are Easter pictures of me and my family with our baskets usually filled with See's candies and I'd like to keep this tradition going.

Letita

No comments:

Post a Comment